Friday, December 7, 2007

Ice cream, candy, and cookies, Oh My.

I've come to the realization that about half of the calories I consume comes from sweets. Glucose, fructose, sucrose, lactose, mono- or oligosaccharides - I don't discriminate. Maybe having a dentist for a mom and at least trying to work out has helped yield the potential consequences but man I feel like it's almost getting to me sometimes. Would you like to know what I'm craving right now?



I've managed to come up with the best combination ever at Yogurtland (the masterpiece on the left). A rich foundation of cheesecake yogurt with a top layering of vanilla, a mixture of kiwi, mango, and strawberry bits, sometimes blackberries if I'm feeling extra gluttonous, and topped with graham crust and my ultra-favorite MOCHI balls. Fcccccck.

This new fad of trendy dessert-centered hangouts is a little overwhelming for someone like me. I easily fall victim to the pretty pastel colors and intriguing flavors on the menu (Chocolate Mint! Taro! Even Kahlua!). First there was boba, plus yogurt shops like Yogurtland, Yogurtworld and Golden Spoon (finally a name that's not so obvious), then shops that wander a little farther off the norm like Mochilato. As I said before, mochi is my drug but you're probably better off buying the packs at the supermarket instead of paying $1.25 per piece of mochi. The upside is that they offer flavors you can't get at the store like cookies 'n cream or hazelnut (heaven in 2.5 bites). Now I hear that 2 Pinkberry shops are opening in this area. I'll let you guys know if it really lives up to the hype.

Now time to find my late snack.

(I already know what it's going to be...)

2 comments:

adonis (old account) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
adonis (old account) said...

MMM MOCHI BALLS. probably the only balls id have mouthful of

...