Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Need a Breather

I feel like I've just been going and going nonstop for most of the past 2 or 3weeks. First there's been the usual homework and studying, plus a 2-week stretch in which all of my midterms fall in (last one tomorrow, thank God). Luckily I've managed to commit just enough time to study for my tests and so far I've done really well, hopefully tomorrow will be icing on the cake. Then a little over a month until finals; I really hate all of you right now with away messages like "Working on my last project!" or "___ more days until summer officially starts!" As for my summer, I'll be spending most of it in Irvine working at my current office, then towards the end of August or so I'm gonna try to look for a job that actually involves my major. I'm still undecided on whether or not I'm going to take summer classes.


Another thing I've done the past month is hit up more clubs and hotspots than I have during the other months of the year so far combined. First there was House of Blues in Downtown Disney for Best of Both Worlds. Thanks to Vicky and Debbie again for the hospitality, you guys are always awesome hostesses. The actual event was alright, waaay too many people and it was hard to stay in a group so it ended up only being Raf and me for most of the night, plus the DJ sucked. It was too hard to get around without getting humped by people on both sides of you; I made the most of the night but I had more fun last year. I'd still be down to go next time if the venue is right.




Ladies at preparty before HOB

Level 3 in Hollywood was the next stop last Thursday for Annie's birthday. After getting lost, having to cut in a looooong line, lying about being in "Hip Hop Congress" to get inside, and some guest list complications, we finally made it inside only to be a surrounded by a "super-AZN" crowd (according to Mel). The music was a little better than HOB, but they stopped everything for about half an hour for a "lingerie show" on stage. I was expecting some decent models to come out with some cute outfits, but instead the girls looked like they were picked right off of UCI's campus and let me tell you they were not fierce at all. Not too many creepers in the place, except for one guy who kept trying to get me to go onstage to dance with him. After he said "What, am I not cute enough for you" I seriously just wanted to laugh in his face. Fellas, please don't ever use a line like that unless you KNOW you have the looks to back it up aka you better be a 10, otherwise it just makes you look really pretentious/stupid.


Waiting in line in front of 500 people

And finally, this past Saturday was Belo in Downtown for the 24th birthday of Jackie's sister, Tiffanie. Overall it had good music, a good crowd, nice decor, and overall I had a really good time reuniting with the girls. I think part of the reason why I liked the aura so much was that it was 21 and up, it's still a little weird for me seeing 18 year olds get down in the clubs, I don't know. I would definitely hit this place up again. Anyone down? Haha.


MCHS c/o '05

Although not exactly a club environment, honorable mention would go to Sushi, Sake & Karaoke night at Brent's the day after HOB. I wasn't even planning on having fun that day but wow, I didn't know OC housewives could be so fun. Plus free sushi, sake, mochi ice cream and dancing? It really doesn't get any better than that. I also came across 2 new ultimate favorites of mine - Kinsen Plum Wine (only $4.99 at Bevmo!) and this:


Lychee Sake by Hana. Heaven in a glass.

No comments: