Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Them Chickens is Ash, and I'm Lotion"

R.I.P. the Mariah of the 90's. I've been listening to her old stuff lately and damn, I almost forgot how amazing she was during her peak. Actually, make that 90's music and R&B in general.

"I'll Be There" Unplugged feat. Trey Lorenz (what happened to him anyways?)




And now this is what has become of the great Mimi. This performance was doomed from the beginning with the backing track mess, then the backup singer fiasco, and to top it off she sounds like shit during the entire song. Lol, "stop singing mah part now, baby" is gonna be my new catchphrase.




As if the dismal state of her voice isn't enough, there's speculation that she went ahead and married her boyfriend-of-one-month Nick Cannon. WTF. Girl, I hope you get your act together, I'm still pulling for you.

On a final note, lately I've seen too many new groups deliver subpar acapellas on radio & tv appearances. Every single one of them needs to take notes from these guys.

1 comment:

adonis (old account) said...

"nick cannon is useless." LOL

dont tell me you didnt enjoy "Drumline".. but yeah sadly i think its a lost cause hoping she'll return to her 90's form, especially if she's already starting to go crazy a la michael jackson