Saturday, July 3, 2010

Foodie/fatty post?

It's 12:32am, and I'm tired as fuhh. For the third time this week, I ate to the point of unbuttoning-of-the-pants. Despite feeling like shit from all this excessive food consumption (and lack of gym time), it's been damn worth it. I mean, a mini Babybel and a cup of coffee in the morning will only suffice for so long. Black coffee, 3 vanilla creamers, half a Splenda, add a little hot water to dilute. Everyday. I suppress myself so much during the workweek that these binges are bound to happen. There's also a part of me that just wants to see how far I can take it in terms of eating and gaining weight. Probably over-analyzing here but when people can't seem to think of something else to say to me besides "You're so small/tiny!" (like, EVER), I want to eat just to spite the world. Underlying body issues? Whatever, it's probably just tonight's beer talking.

Speaking of which, I don't know what took me so long to get hooked on beer. Imagine what that would've done to me at 198, my god. I've always been the wino of the group - cabernets, pinot grigios and rieslings FTW - but now I feel like I have some catching up to do start working my way up to "beer connoisseur" status. I owe it all to a trip to Yardhouse one fateful night and this:

Before trying this, I hated beer. Afterwards, I saw the light. Simple as that. Sidenote: my mom fronted me about drinking beer by myself in my room. She saw the empty cans in the recycling...lol...

As for what I've consumed the past 3 days (with Raf's help):

Papas Loco with scrambled eggs. Quite possibly one of THE best plates of breakfast I've had in my life. Rosemary potatoes, grilled jalapeƱos, black beans, cheese, avocado, and sour cream.
Desayuno Burrito. Large tortilla filled with potatoes, eggs, cheese, beans, scallions, and chipotle cream.

Ginger mango sake2me & a glass of Riesling.
Gelato. Forgot the name of this behemoth of a dessert but it had at least milk chocolate, dark chocolate and hazelnut.
Strawberries and pastry cream crepe.

Marinated Tuna and Avocado Spring Roll.
Lightly Roasted Bonito Sashimi
Deep fried tofu with tempura sauce
Sand borer "Kisu" Fish Tempura
Roasted Duck with Green Onion
Rice Ball in Broth (Salmon)

I'm still recovering from fair food from last weekend to be honest...

1 comment:

Just Ray said...

Are you jealous that raf looks at that dessert with such passion?