Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's October and It's Still Hot

I feel some kind of obligation to write on here since I haven't done so in a while, even if the content is random or irrelevant. Basically, I feel like I've been literally 9-to-5ing it with school and work almost everyday for a little over a year now (including all of summer) and I'm a little tired right now. Just a little bit.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess. So far I've been keeping up with homework and labs, and even readings - I'll admit I barely opened my textbooks last year, so this is a good change. On top of that, I made a deal with myself that with every payday, I have to buy 1-2 new books for leisure reading (yes, FOR FUN). My book collection up here at the apartment has been looking dumpy to me, so I decided to change that as well. A couple days ago I picked up Slut! by Leora Tanenbaum, which basically talks about sexual stereotyping and the old double standard; it's a little funny because just recently I was realizing how much I started to hate that word. I also picked out Choke by Chuck Palahniuk, author of Fight Club, and I'll let you know how that turns out later. Or you could just go out and watch the upcoming movie, your choice, just keep in mind how that turned out for I Am Legend.

I've also been trying to keep up with the election, and I'm pretty excited to exercise my right to vote this time around since I barely missed the last Presidential one by about a month. My views on that will be saved for another time as well.

Finally here's a little chart from Slut! that I though was interesting, although nothing new.

Positive expressions for a sexually active man:
stud, player, stallion, ladies' man, the man, Romeo, Don Juan, Cassanova, bounder, gigolo, lover, lover boy/man, pimp

Negative Expressions for a sexually active man:
womanizer, wolf, dog, pig, "cant keep it in his pants"

Positive expressions for a sexually active woman:
hot, sexy

Negative expressions for a sexully active woman:
slut, whore, tramp, ho, bitch, hoochie, pig, prostitute, hooker, nympho, harlot, hussy, tart, bimbo, floozy, vixen, minx, loose woman, fallen woman, vamp, wench, slattern, Jezebel, strumpet, skank, sleaze, slag, sexpot, streetwalker, slore

1 comment:

CommanderCacho said...

my personal favorite, sex kitten, falls somewhere in between i think