Thursday, January 15, 2009

ABDC Season 3: Thoughts

This might be a little premature, but I gotta say I really like Beat Freaks right now.  All of the West Coast teams are dope though, so here's some of my favorite clips of some notable dancers/choreographers from each crew.

Beat Freaks - Rino Nakasone

Probably one of my favorite female dancers, other than Mariel Martin. Best known for being one of Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Girls ("Music" of Love, Angel, Music, Baby), has danced in numerous multiple Missy Elliott videos, and toured with Britney Spears. But yeah, she's siiiiiick.

Boxcuttuhz - Lando Wilkins

One of four directors for Super Galactic Beat Manipulators (alongside Kevin Brewer).

Quest Crew - Hok Konishi

From So You Think You Can Dance, Season 3. Okay, so this isn't a choreography video but it's one of my favorite routines from SYTYCD.

Team Millenia - Jun Quemado

Culture Shock San Diego alumni. Affiliated with Chill Factor/Boxcuttuhz/Supreme Soul.

I miss dancing. Or being on the stage in general :/ See y'all at Vibe next week!

No comments: