Sunday, March 28, 2010

I love me a good mashup.

I know some people who absolutely hate mashups but for the most part I LOVE them. Mashups, random mixtapes, remixes, fusions of different genres, I eat up anything that fucks with the familiar. I'm not as forgiving with covers that are too faithful to the original version though, not that you can totally discern a cover from a remix sometimes. That probably doesn't make any sense but I'm just gonna run with it.

I'm a little late with this one (it came out around January), but I've been listening to it lately so I thought I'd share.


Enter The Magical Mystery Chambers” by Wu Tang Vs The Beatles, produced by Tom Caruana featuring Wu-Tang acapella tracks mixed with samples from Beatles songs.

I'm sure a lot of people think messing with Wu-Tang's music is sacrilegious. And of course, you can say the same thing about die-hard Beatles fans . I myself must admit that I love The Beatles' songs but I prefer when they're performed by other artists /unpopular opinion. But what I like about this mix is that the sampling is done very subtly, which works well for me. I don't know if you can compare this to the execution of The Grey Album but for some cruising-in-the-beautiful-SD music? This will do just fine.

Download the .rar file here or you can hit me up for it

And for a little taste of it -

No comments: