Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Quick Update

I've been working fulltime a little over 6 months now, and sometimes when I think about all the hours of sleep I lost during that time I die a little bit inside...

Okay, so not really. But let me tell you, it's amazing how much more you're willing to push yourself & stay on your toes when you're getting paid to do it. Shouldn't be that way but maybe I should have pretended I was getting paid to take my microbiology and ochem finals. If only I took that approach in regards to blogging. I really do miss writing though, out of all things school-related.

The funny thing about being at work all the time now is that before, I was so excited to get out into the "real world", like I was supposed to undergo this transformation and would magically become enlightened in...I don't know what. Something. That turned out to be not true for me. Now, with the change in climate across California campuses thanks to ignorant people being ignorant, budget cuts, etc., I feel like I'm missing out on some real issues that affect almost every 20-something I know. I just feel very out of the loop not experiencing anything firsthand.

Nevertheless, I am very thankful to have graduated and thankful for my job, one reason being that I can finally save a good amount of money. I don't do it to the degree that I'd like to, but anything to be one step closer to being on my own... You'd think that as you get older your parents would reason with you more and you wouldn't argue as much. That's false too.

1 comment:

...RAWfiki said...

"stay pushing forward never moving in reverse". you'll be fine, and you can get involved with stuff going on by joining KAMP!! lol