Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Crushed

I read celebrity gossip everyday, so I've had my share of scandals and pretty sensational stories. But I honestly have never felt so sick and shocked after hearing the news about Heath Ledger's death today. I've been such a big fan of his ever since I can remember. "The Patriot" is one of my favorite movies - I've probably seen it about 50 times and will never get sick of it. Not only was he a pretty face, but he had such a promising future. I imagined him as one of those actors who would keep making movies well into his 50's and 60's and only getting better with age. I even had a Heath Ledger folder on my computer before it crashed last year :/



Heath's death is just on the tail of another celebrity death, Brad Renfro. You may not remember him, but he was in "The Client" and "Tom & Huck" with JTT. Those were the good old days.

This is too reminiscent of the deaths of James Dean, River Phoenix, and Jonathan Brandis (another one of my childhood faves). Ugh this news is so depressing for me. I feel like parts of both my childhood and teenage years have died :(

One of my favorite scenes with Heath ever. R.I.P.




No comments: