Thursday, January 31, 2008

Top 10 Female Crushes

Inspired by the "Top 10 ______" game we played last night at 198, I decided to compile my own list of my top female crushes. We ladies always get to hear what the guys have to say so I thought I would change it up a bit. Besides, now's your chance to tell me what good (or bad) taste I have.
10. Kate Winslet


Not only is she beautiful but also incredibly talented. She broke the record for being the youngest person nominated for 2 Oscars at the age of 22; she continued to break the record for youngest person nominated for 3, 4, and 5 nominations as well. She also proves that you can be a mother and not Hollywood-standard skinny to be hot.

9. Alicia Keys



Every other female artist out there should take note of her. She keeps it classy - she's not running around in skimpy clothes and guys still go gaga after her. Oh yeah, there's the music thing too. Playing the piano has never seemed so cool.


8. Doutzen Kroes


She may not be as famous as Adriana or Alessandra, but Doutzen would definitely be my favorite Victoria's Secret model. She was voted 2005's Model of the Year on Vogue.com, and she is actually known for more than just her VS gig - Gucci, Calvin Klein, Versace, and more.

7. Kate Beckinsale



Definitely one of Britain's hottest imports to make it big in America.I can only hope to be as hot as Kate in my mid-30s after having kids. Plus kick ass like she did in Underworld and Van Helsing. One can dream, right?

6. Keira Knightley

Some people might find Keira a little too skinny for their tastes, but her bone structure is fcking amazing. She's pretty but she also has this edgy/attitude thing going on. She's one of those people I can imagine just hanging out and being sarcastic with.

5. Charlize Theron




Charlize is cool in my book because she is not afraid to get all un-glamourous and dirty to add real character to a movie role; this lead to her award-winning performance for Monster in 2003. After shedding the weight she gained for the role, she quickly returned to her classic beauty looks. It only it were that easy for the rest of us.

4. Jarah Mariano

Jarah is on here because she is freaking hot, plain & simple. If you don't know anything about her, she's one of the first Asian Victoria's Secret models (she's Hawaiian, Korean & Chinese) and was also featured in Jay-Z's video "Show Me What You Got". She only adds support to the mixed-women-are-hot notion. And I agree.


3. Natalie Portman


Brains, beauty, talent - what more could you ask for? A Harvard graduate with a degree in Psychology, she studied French, Japanese, German, Arabic, and Hebrew (which she is fluent in), and is also an animal rights activist. And I don't know anyone else that has rocked short hair to its fullest potential as much as she has.


2. Monica Bellucci


If the word "woman" needed a picture to accompany it in the dictionary, my vote would have to go for Monica Bellucci. Perfect face, perfect body, and she makes girls half her age (she's 39 btw) look so...insignificant. I need not say more.


1. Rachel McAdams



This girl can do no wrong in my eyes. She can do blond, brunette, red hair, even pink streaks (which she did rock for a while) and still be beautiful. She can do comedy, romance, thriller, and she can be likeable even when she's the biggest bitch on campus (Mean Girls FTW). She has a sane head on her shoulders and you don't hear about her making a fool out of herself like many actresses out there. AND she snagged Ryan Gosling? I can't help but love her.

When I get around to it I'll make a Top 10 guy post too, but this will have to suffice for now.

1 comment:

adonis (old account) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.