Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Time flies

It hasn't really sunken in until today that we are almost done with week 5 of this quarter. Finally being done with midterms and mid-quarter papers is definitely a reality check. Plus it's barely even a week into February, and it feels like so much has happened already. Happy birthday to all you February babies, Mel, Roger, Jordan, Martino, and the rest of you out there. I've only been 21 for about a month and a half, and I can already tell you that it is an expensive habit - gotta work on cutting down on those expenses. However, I am definitely looking forward to the next couple weeks with trips to Downtown/Broadway and other "21-year old stuff". Good times ahead most definitely.

Speaking of cutting down on things, today marks the beginning of the Lenten season. This is the 3rd year in a row that I've done this, but it was always been successful for me - no shopping for clothes for a while. I cheat a little with being able to buy accessories and shoes, but if you know me cutting back on clothes is not some easy task for me. Hopefully this way I can save a little money for other things that I've been wanting to buy, like some DVDs or new books (yes, I will admit that I read for fun). If anyone has any recommendations on good books I will gladly consider.

I finally finished reading Darwin's Gift to Science and Religion, the subject of that almost voluntary argumentative paper that I wrote a couple blogs down. A couple more of my questions have been answered since finishing this portion of my philosophy of biology class. I think it's pretty ironic that a class that has made me really decipher the boundaries and differences of science and religion has ultimately strengthened my faith, at least I'd like to believe to. In the upcoming weeks look out for another monstrosity of a blog if I am equally compelled to write one about our next subject - morality and ethics.

I almost went through the upcoming month in my head without thinking about Valentine's Day at all. As of now, it seems that there are too many other things going on, so another V-day dinner this year may have to be postponed for some other occasion. But if anyone else feels like putting something together, then by all means go for it.

And in honor of Valentine's Day, here is a little video that my brother and his friends did for a media project. This is for all you "Dorky Valentines" out there to enjoy. Happy February!

2 comments:

adonis (old account) said...

oh god i might actually know some of those kids... blah. but jay is cool.

MOO by jane smiley and American Psycho. everyone seems to love that book kite runner but i never picked itup

raeizon said...

currently reading The picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde