Saturday, February 23, 2008

Piece of Mind

Sometimes I don't have enough to say about one topic to make a decent post about it, or I have too many little issues that I want to discuss. Therefore here's a random thoughts post - more in the future if I ever run into this dilemma again.

Random Thoughts of the Day

1. I haven't felt 100% in a couple weeks and now I feel like I'm getting worse and more sick. Looks like a Saturday in for me today, damnit. I seriously can't wait until winter season is over so I can stop feeling crappy for once.

2. I mean this in the least egotistical way possible: If there's one thing that I wish I was more acknowledged for, it would be for people to recognize my smarts. Not necessarily because I think I'm a genius or that intelligence should be the top priority in one's life, but I think it's more that females in general don't get recognized enough in this area. For once it would be nice to listen in on guys' conversations about girls and hear them talk about her mind more than...other things.

3. If I applied the time playing Guitar Hero or Rock Band to trying to learn an actual instrument, I probably would be really good at it by now. That's just something for myself to think about the next time I'm looking for a new hobby.

4. It's super annoying when string cheese doesn't actually break in straight lines. What's the point in eating it if it's going to get all chunky on you? Might as well buy the block kind.

5. I thought about all those times when I'd hear girls say how so many guys they meet are only about getting some. But I wonder if they would say the same thing if they ended up dating a guy that doesn't appreciate sex at all. It doesn't even have to be sex really, but even affection and intimacy. How lame would that be, I would be so pissed.

6. OMG I'm so excited for the Lost episode next week. Desmond episodes >>> any other episodes in my opinion. *Spoilers* ----> And what the heck did they do to Claire for Aaron to end up with Kate? I personally think that the people who don't eventually make it off the island don't die but decide to stay on the island instead. Because if not and they kill off Claire, that would be a seriously heartless move on the writer's behalf. Heartless!

7. I still really want to see Step Up 2. Dunno, I guess I'm just a sucker for those movies. I'm not expecting too much from the plot but as long as no one's little brother gets shot midway through the movie again I can tolerate it. And to think I snuck in to see You Got Served when it came out...

8. Feminist: one who advocates the social, political, and all other rights of women to be equal to those of men. That being said, it's a pretty big fallacy to give "feminist" this negative connotation that it really doesn't deserve. Maybe more specifically it's that people only think in extremes - it's either the militant feminist who believes that women shouldn't wear heels or dresses, wear make-up, shave their legs, should be subject to the draft if it ever comes back, and literally live their lives with no huge differences from the lives of men, or it's the bimbo who really doesn't give 2 shits about sex discrimination, abuse or the advancement of women's rights at all. There really is a middle ground, folks. Call me a feminist, I won't get offended.

9. Christian Bale is so fine. I think I need to put up a new poster on my wall next to my Pirates one. Or a Daniel Henney one. The latter is highly unlikely though, I don't think he's popular enough to even have posters made of him. But word is that he's cast in the new Wolverine movie as Agent Zero. Niiice.

10. You know what I really want? It would be sooo fun to go on a double date with other people. No third wheel stuff, but with an actual couple. But I have no idea if that's going to be a reality anytime soon *sigh*

5 comments:

...RAWfiki said...

makes me proud to call you my girl!

daamn pretty AAANND smart ha

adonis (old account) said...

YOU FEMINIST

CommanderCacho said...

But I wonder if they would say the same thing if they ended up dating a guy that doesn't appreciate sex at all.

those guys are already those girls' gay best friends.

ok i've just erased 100 years of progressive gender thinking with my last post and this comment. that's it. i promise.

Just Ray said...

give some of our man talk some credit we occasionally dabble in the issue of women's minds however we get headaches from such notions hahaha

oh and to those girls that talk about guys just wanting to "get some" in my experience that kind of thing goes both ways, girls aren't little angels either

fuckn she devils hahah

e[dot] said...

really the one thing i thought about really, was your last one.

yah 3rd wheel stuff for awhile homie unless you wanna kick it jv or somn... hahaha