Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New Releases

Here on some notable CD and DVD releases for today, March 18. I'll have more interesting thoughts and posts once finals week is done, trust.


Danity Kane "Welcome to the Dollhouse"



A couple posts down I already put up a sampler of both Danity Kane's and Day 26's upcoming releases. I've actually had "Welcome to the Dollhouse" playing in my car for the past week already but I think I'm going to buy the actual album because I like it that much. It's not empowering music with a message or anything, but take it for what it's worth - super fun, catchy pop music. A couple of my favorites from the album are "Bad Girl", "Sucka for Love", and "Lights Out".

Flo Rida "Mail on Sunday"



Ahhh Flo Rida. Already with one of the most overplayed, annoying song of the past months, is Flo Rida headed towards one-hit-wonder land? I guess we'll just have to see. Appearances from many artists, including Lil' Wayne, Timbaland, Sean Kingston, Yung Joc, and everyone's favorite Adonis clone T-Pain, may save him from that fate.


"I Am Legend"

I still have mixed feelings about this movie. Check out the review I did here after I saw it in theatres. I would definitely recommend the book though.


"Atonement"


Another movie I'm still planning on seeing. I'll probably make a note of watching the movie before reading the book someday, otherwise the same thing that happened to me with "I Am Legend" will happen this time around too. And I really want to end up liking this movie.


"Married with Children: The Complete Eighth Season"

I honestly didn't even know this show was on DVD, let alone already having released the first 7 seasons. But I was pleasantly surprised because I freaking loved this show watching it as a little kid. Al Bundy is the coolest shoe salesman ever. A couple highlights from the 8th season include a double date with Kelly and Bud after buying a car to share and the episode where Al is accidentally circumcised after he's injured playing baseball. Classic.

3 comments:

adonis (old account) said...

there's nothing better than hearing "Flo Rida ft. Adonis - Low" playing on the radio 5 times a day

CommanderCacho said...

man i fuckin love married with children.

e[dot] said...

check out atonement tho.
good movie. depressing, but good.
and you'll understand why writers are just good liars.