Monday, March 24, 2008

Video Killed the Radio Star

I never would have anticipated doing 2 MTV-related posts in a row, but I thought this was pretty interesting so I thought I would share with you guys. Now that Making the Band is over for now, America's Best Dance Crew is ending soon and I know not everyone is anticipating the Hills comeback tonight, you guys must be thinking "OMG what on earth am I going to watch on MTV now???" Well for the month of April you have one more option:



That's right. MTV is bringing back Yo! MTV Raps for the month of April to celebrate it's 20th anniversary. I say MTV should take note and bring back some of these other classics:

Undressed


I can't believe I used to feel bad for watching this show but now I wish I could rewatch all the episodes just for the sheer hilarity of it. If you ever get the chance make sure to keep an eye out for everyone who made an appearance on the show, then unknowns, like Adam Brody, Jay Hernandez, Autumn Reeser, Chad Michael Murray, and Brandon Routh. I kept waiting to see if they would ever cross the line and show some real crazy stuff, but that never really happened. Ahh to be young and naive.

Daria

This show was so good - the writing and humor on this show was very smart and suprisingly way above MTV standards. What's even funnier is that I can think of people in high school who fit some of the characters perfectly.

Singled Out

MTV can get rid of Next, Dismissed, Parental Control, Date My Mom, and The X Factor if they would bring back the show that started it all. Either that or stop using the same corny lines for every series.

Next did have this great moment in dating show history though:

,

3 comments:

CommanderCacho said...

fuck, ive watched this video like 20 times already. i lol every time.

...RAWfiki said...

YO! mtv raps, i love the last episode of yo mtv raps, some of the illest MCs spit some of the dopest verses ive heard!

daria was actually one of my favs. on MTV along with beavis and butt-head

Just Ray said...

sad thing is i've dated girls like charity