Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fellas, Answer Me This

So I was talking to one of my girl friends about guys that aren't afraid to use a little dinero to catch a girl's attention. Even though my friend consistently turns down his advances and makes it fully obvious that she's not into him, the offers keep coming - and I'm talking not just talking about the occasional dinner here and there, I mean gym memberships, theme park tickets, no joke.

But let's take the most simple and common example - you're at the bar and a guy offers to buy you a drink. If accepted, does the guy automatically think that the female is interested? It's hard for me to tell, since this is a pretty common occurrence in any given bar or club anyways. Since the very first time I've been offered, not once have I accepted, usually saying something just like "No thank you" or "It's cool, I've got it covered already" - I just don't want to lead the guy on at all even just a little bit and I've always thought that taking that drink would seem like I owe him something, even if it's just a 5 minute obligatory conversation. If I do sense that situation coming up, I'll usually go out of my way to escape it somehow just to avoid the awkward exchange.

Then at other times, I just feel like "Eh fuck it, it's just a drink and nothing more...right?". Cuz I mean damn, if it's a free drink and just a way for a guy to tell you he thinks you're cute, why not? I've even worn my ring on the wrong finger (hence been asked if I'm married) but that doesn't function as much of a deterrent. I guess the dilemma here is whether or not accepting the offer when you already know there's no way this guy is getting with you is either a shady move or not a big deal at all. The point of this post for me is more for trying to understand a guy's POV for these situations rather than trying to justify scoring free drinks from random dudes, even if it will work in my favor haha. But really, I'm not trying to get Raf mad or anything, shit.

So boys - thoughts? I feel like I overthink things too much...



3 comments:

e[dot] said...

i'd love to give you an answer, but i barely go out to the bar.

CommanderCacho said...

just google image 'POV' to understand.

Just Ray said...

my take on it is that fellaz think that spending a lil money means that a girl will start feeling you or use the drink thang as a icebreaker, in my opinion i think that guys just arent creative at bars/clubs before i would buy a girl a drink i'd take the conversation first to see if the girls even worth me spending money on. As for females i think yall should just take the drink, shit cuz if girls tried to buy me drinks i would take it.

guys just need to learn that hot girls don't immediately deserve our attention cuz shit we dope 2