Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Everybody's doing it

I was tagged in Facebook for 16 random things about me, thought I might as well post it here as well.

1. English is my second language, since I was born in the PI and learned Tagalog first. I was in ESL early in elementary school, and now I can barely speak Tagalog even though I understand it well.

2. I have an older sister. She was born and passed away before I was born.

3. I won the spelling bee in 3rd grade and the geography bee in the 5th.

4. Most of the time I waste on the internet is due to reading entertainment blogs. I know random things about various actors, bands, musicians, etc. OhNoTheyDidnt is my favorite.

5. Ever since high school ended, I haven't really found a hobby or extracurricular activity that I can obsess over as much as colorguard. A good number of my best high school memories are from all things colorguard-related.

6. I play a mean faux-guitar, via Rock Band or Guitar Hero. I used to take piano lessons but I'm a little rusty on that now.

7. My "thing" in elementary and middle school was swim team. I started swimming lessons at Miramar when it was still a naval base, and I was part of the PQ Swim Team for a while.

8. I knocked out one of my teeth (lateral incisor) with a guard rifle. It was spinning fast horizontally and smacked me right in my mouth. I also smacked my forehead with a flag during freshman year; after my egg-sized bruised subsided, it left a black line under my eye for 2 weeks. But I've never broken a bone.

9. For some reason I think I make a bad first impression on most people, like I'm really bitchy or something. I think it's because of my default face and that I'm a pretty quiet/private person. Something to work on I guess.

10. I was in an accident a couple summers back driving from Irvine to SD. My car spun and hit a hill on the right side of the freeway, and if I spun out 50 yards earlier, the only thing that would've separated me from the cliff side was a wire fence.

11.When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be either a Blue Angels pilot or a paleontologist.

12. I question my beliefs - on just about everything - a lot. As long as I just think about "balance", I think I'll be fine.

13. My favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption because it's about hope.

14. I have really sensitive skin. A little scratch will cause my skin to rise.

15. I have my 6-year anniversary with Raf on Friday. For that I consider myself very, very lucky.

16. I always write more than I should and can't do short and succinct, as you can see.

No comments: