Thursday, December 11, 2008

Looking back

I didn't even realize it, but I've been blogging on here for a little over a year now. I'm glad I've been able to stick to one place to just let it all out for this long, it's always fun to just look back - from what was going on about a year ago, or even my changes in writing style. That reminds me, I cringe every time I give in to the temptation to look back at my old Xanga. Oh, the embarrassment.

For the fourth time now, I've made it through fall quarter here at UCI. As much as studying sucks during 10th and finals weeks - or more accurately, trying to - I got this calming feeling a couple nights ago just walking through campus after one of my review sessions. Seeing everyone bonding together in their pajamas inside Starbucks, conversing about finals material and non-school related topics, the textbooks and notebooks intermingled with the empty coffee cups and snack boxes, how every student seems to be going through the same thing at this time...I don't know. For some (cheesy) reason, it made me think about how little time I have left here at UCI and how much I will miss it, from the good times to the academic rock bottoms, the sleepless nights due to late night bonding to those in which procrastination takes the credit.

I know I have a lot of planning to do for the future still, but for now I'm going to curl up in my spot at the 198 couch and soak "it" all in, whatever it may be.

Seems so long ago but nothing's changed :]

No comments: